Access to Bulk-Billed Psychologist Services
You can access our services using a Mental Health Care Plan or Access+ plan by referral from your GP.
Mental Health Care Plan
At Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury Sydney, a Mental Health Care Plan allows you to see a Psychologist for 6 sessions (an additional 4 sessions can be requested) without incurring any out-of-pocket costs.
From 9 October 2020 until 30 June 2022, 10 additional sessions with a Psychologist will be available to those who have already used their 10 allocated sessions since 1 January 2020 (calendar year) as part of the Australian Government's Better Access Initiative.
Additional in-person sessions will be available until 30 June 2022, while additional sessions via telehealth phone or video will be available until 31 March 2021.
To access this service you will need:
- A referral letter from your GP or psychiatrist to attend Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury Sydney Psychological Services at Gordon.
- An up-to-date Medicare card.
Psychological Access+ (formerly ATAPS)
We are contracted providers of psychological services under Access+. Access+ allows you attend 6 sessions (an additional 6 sessions can be requested).
Who is eligible for Access+?
- Have had a diagnosis of a mental health issue
- Would benefit from psychological services
- Fall within one of the groups below:
- Low-income earners
- Youth (12–18)
- Children (0–11)
- Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islanders
- People from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds
- Women with perinatal depression
- People at risk of suicide
- People at risk of homelessness
Eligibility is determined by your GP.
How do I access the Access+ program?
Your GP will need to refer you to the program. Speak to your GP about any mental health concerns you are experiencing and your current circumstances. Your GP will then be able to assess your eligibility and refer you to a Lifeline Harbour to Hawkesbury Sydney psychologist.